Location: Head Office, Tamworth
Working pattern: Monday to Friday: 08:30 to 17:00
An Accounts Assistant is an essential position in a company’s accounting department. The accounting team is responsible for maintaining an efficient, organised and accurate finance function for the business and the Accounts Assistant is responsible for assisting with a variety of day-to-day financial operations such as sales and purchase ledgers
The Accounts Assistant will report into the Finance Manager and will have had previous experience in a similar purchase ledger role.
Outlined below are a number of standard duties that this job role entails.
An Accounts Assistant will normally be expected to undertake a broad range of duties and responsibilities, which can include:
• Inputting/Costing onto Purchase and Sub- Contractor Ledger
- Reconcile invoices to supplier statements and identify/resolve discrepancies
- Process reimbursement forms
- BACS payments
- Enter key data into internal databases
- Maintain digital and physical financial records
- Providing administrative support to the team
- Working closely with individuals across the business at all levels
The Ideal candidate:
- Proficient with MS Excel
- Enthusiastic, committed and a fast learner with previous experience of working within a busy work environment
- Computer literate with an aptitude for numbers
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work with individuals across departments and liaise with external customers and contacts
- Solid organisational skills and the ability to prioritise a varied workload to deadlines
Experience within a Housebuilding Organisation or exposure to Construction Industry Scheme would be an advantage but not required.
To apply for this job email your details to Karl.Fleary@owlhomes.co.uk